Just some updates in the neighborhood.
1. The Park Project is near completion. It simply looks AMAZING! Be sure to go by and take a look if you have not already. The feedback has been extremely positive! The only remaining item is the basketball backboard installation. Plans are in the works and we hope to have it ready for use in the next couple of weeks. The drainage system was given a real good test with all the recent heavy rains and it worked perfectly. Neighbors have been using the park every day since it was installed. It has been great to see neighbors coming back to the park. We also received some positive press about this project.
2. The Activities Committee is organizing a Grand Opening of the new park event on Saturday, September 8. This will be the most exciting event we have ever had in Millbrook so you will not want to miss it. The Activities Committee will be posting the event details & agenda very soon. Watch your emails, Facebook, and the Millbrook website for updates. If you would like to participate in the Activities Committee, email email@example.com .
3. We will be having a new street light installed at the Millbrook Drive entrance near the end of September. National Grid will be performing the installation work at no cost to the association.
4. Collections for dues and the park assessment have gone very well this year. The small percentage of outstanding homeowners have been given until the end of August to pay the balance in full or to arrange payment plan. If no communication has taken place by then, the names and addresses of the non responsive homeowners along with the amount owed will be posted on our website. Their names will also be turned over to our attorney for collection which will incur more fees to the homeowner which may include small claims court fees. Please note that the first notice about the 2012 dues and assessment was issued in December of 2011. If you have not paid your dues and/or park assessment, contact ECratchit right away so payment can be arranged. Call 781-356-8050.
5. Everyone is encouraged to call Rockland Police if you see anyone vandalizing our neighborhood. The police have been patrolling every night upon our request. We have noticed some of our new street signs missing. Some have been recovered and will be reinstalled very soon. If anyone has any information about the missing signs, contact Rockland Police. Our neighborhood will be safe if we make it that way. Rockland PD knows we care about our neighborhood so they are more than willing to work with us to keep it safe for all.
6. Our Facebook page is designed to post community events, neighborhood happenings, and/or anything positive going on. It is NOT a forum for personal attacks on other neighbors nor a forum for venting any frustrations one may have. If negative postings are submitted, they immediately get removed and the user gets a friendly warning. If it happens again by the same user, the user gets blocked. If we allow negative postings, eventually, no one will have any interest in the page. Nothing can be gained by negative posting. Keep it positive, keep it fun. Thank you for your understanding. Enjoy the page.
We hope you all enjoy the rest of the summer and look forward to seeing you on September 8. Friends and family are all welcome!