July 12, 2012
Meeting Minutes – Millbrook Association Committee
Topics – Picnic in the Park, Grand opening of the new playground, dates, venues, timing and dates
Attendees – Jennifer Dangora – Director, Alicia Guevara, Dominique Curtin, Mike Donnelly, Stephanie Porter, Frank Dangora
Previous venues – face painting, Music Man, fire truck, Rockland PD presentation or State police, Field Day games, Ice Cream truck (having three or four choices at a lessor price), bouncy houses, camping (Sat. only), grilling, port-a-potty, movie night, pop-corn machine, animal guy, local restaurants food donations, power sources, mosquito control, music
Dates and time-
- July is out as we have a final install date for the playground of July 25th and it will be too tight to confirm anything as far as venues.
- We were looking at August but many people cannot attend due to vacations. The only date that looked feasible was August 19th a Sunday and having a rain date of Sept. 9th.
- After speaking with many others in the development, September seemed to have an overwhelming interest as many more could attend. Sept. 8th looked to be the better day with a rain date of Sept. 16th. We are thinking of starting a bit later so people can bring a late lunch or early picnic and stay for the movie night. 3pm start and movie start just past sunset which is at 7:16pm so we will start at 7:30pm
- Having it on a Sat. vs. a Sun. so people did not have to worry about bedtime for the younger kids so much, camping and the movie would be shown sooner due to sunset being earlier.
Face painting – Maura Glushik volunteered and one other will help her. We will supply the paint.
Music Man – RaeAnn DiNino has this information and we will ask her to see about playing again as he was a big hit.
- Mike the Music Man
Fire truck – Brian and Stephanie Porter will see if he can come again.
–A Fire Truck For All Occasions http://www.afiretruckforall.com/ 781-293-2900 This is what we did last year. Also offer Face painting, Balloons, Red/white/blue fire hats
Bouncy houses – we may have two houses that can be donated for the day
Field day games – depending on the venues we can confirm we may have an hour that we throw these in
Port-a-potty– Brian Porter and Stephanie will call and get confirmation and price based on last years quote.
- United Site Services Northeast, Inc.
- 31 East Belcher Road
- Foxboro, MA 02035
- Salesperson Contact – Jacqueline T. Stone – Mobile: 508-294-3473 or Office: 508-880-7048
Movie projector – Jen Dangora will ask to borrow one from neighbor as well as movie and sound. White sheets will be placed on the baseball backstop.
Generator – We have a very large one that can sustain all of the need for the day (will need to borrow elec. as we have done in past years and comp. if needed)
Food donations from down town – new deli and café as well as Honeydew – Alicia Guevara and Dominique Curtin will ask four local restaurants
Ice Cream truck – Jen Dangora will ask one of the trucks that make regular visits to Millbrook if he can come that day at a certain time. We will see about limiting the selection and lowering the price for volume and cost benefit.
Flyer and signage – Jen Dangora’s family member can make the flyer and members and other volunteers can hand them out once we have confirmed venues. We will get the signs up as we have in the past a week or two prior to the event.
Setting up a schedule of events – We will be putting times on the flyer to identify when things are happening. A sign will be placed in the park as well that day identifying the events and times
Mosquito control – we were thinking that people interested could call a week and a half in advance to have South Shore Mosquito come out and spray as many houses as we could get so to control the mosquitos for movie time. (volunteer only) They will spray three times in the summer per house.
We agreed to have the leg work done if possible by July 23rd .
Follow-up meeting to be planned.